I have been nominated by the cutest little thing, kritika to the free writing challenge, below are the rules for the task:
- Open an MS Word document
- Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
- You topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
- Fill the word doc with as much words as you want. once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
- Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
- You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However if you do, it would be best.
- At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
- Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
My word: Reflection
He let out of a sigh as his mind wandered off in that one direction he always wished it wouldn’t. The thoughts of her, always painful yet the most difficult to let go. He knew what he done was wrong, that he had been a coward but he couldn’t bring himself to face her. He remembered how her eyes had brimmed with tears and she had looked confused and lost as he had viciously lashed out at her, blaming her for his failures in life.
“Distraction”, that’s what he had called her, pointing out how her being part of his life kept him from his goals and how he wished she would disappear. As he reflected upon his behavior, he felt more and more weighed down under her pained expression etched across his mind like a vivid memory refusing to go away.
She had quietly walked away, without say a word to him, just wishing him the best of luck with his life and that all she wanted was his happiness and if her being around was being an obstacle to him in anyway, she promised to disappear forever.
It had been a month and he hadn’t heard from her a word from her but in this time he had realized one thing, her importance to him. He kept thinking about her, her laughter and how she was the support system for him in every possible way, when everyone gave up; she stood by him and cheered.
He signed deeply and regretfully, knowing he needed her more than he ever knew and after a little more reflection on his actions, he made up his mind to leave no stone un-turned in finding her.
Time: 9 minutes, 40 Seconds
Now for the nominations:
And the word for you guys is, “insane”. Anybody else who is up for the challenge, please feel free to join in 🙂